(RED) is a division of the ONE Campaign that transforms the collective power of consumers into a financial force to help others in need. (RED) works with the world’s most iconic brands – including Apple, AirAsia, Belvedere, Bank of America, and Salesforce – to drive contributions to the Global Fund. To date, (RED) has contributed more than $600 million to the Global Fund and over 140 million people have been reached with testing, counseling, treatment, and other services due to HIV/AIDS programs that (RED) supports.
IN THIS ROLE, YOU WILL
The Business Development Manager, Campaigns will oversee product partner prospects and support the team in securing strategic partnerships for (RED). The ideal candidate will bring experience from a business development standpoint including previous work with sponsorship and other corporate/private sector models. This is a full-time, exempt opportunity reporting directly to the Senior Director Business Development based in our New York office.
- Identify and pitch target brands that align with (RED)’s consumer-facing campaigns including EAT (RED) SAVE LIVES and (SHOPATHON)RED
- Qualify prospects and determine partnership viability
- Initiate outreach to prospects and follow up on responses in a timely manner
- Identify creative partnership ideas based on business strategies and challenges
- Prepare next step documents, presentation materials and case studies that align with the business and partnership objectives
- Manage business development pipeline and track regular updates going to and from the (RED) Executive team in Salesforce
- Manage (RED)’s Salesforce database ensuring all touchpoints and conversations are recorded
- Work with cross-functional teams including partnerships, creative and digital to ensure that proposals meet the prospects needs
- Serve as an internal resource for the Business Development team assisting with research and analysis of potential prospects
- Additional duties as determined
WHAT WE NEED FROM YOU
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field.
- Three years of experience in business development or partnership management.
- Demonstrates in-depth knowledge in business development management and basic knowledge of partner marketing.
- Impeccable verbal and written communication skills including excellent presentation skills
- Work under minimal supervision with wide latitude for independent judgment.
- Creative thinker who is adept at working on multiple projects with shifting priorities and multiple stakeholders
- Work style exhibiting a high level of discretion and independent judgment.
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, Google Suite, Mac products and Salesforce.
- Ability to work and live in the U.S. is required.
- An understanding of the complexities surrounding collaboration in a cross-divisional organization
- Highly organized, detail oriented and self-motivated
- Strong collaboration and editing skills required
- Collaborative mindset and strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to deal with media and influencers in a discreet, calm, and professional manner
- Ability to maintain the highest degree of confidentiality regarding all aspects of work at all times
- Remains positive in high pressure and stressful situations
- Demonstrates critical thinking, communication, and relationship-building skills
- Action oriented and results focused
- Flexible and resourceful approach
- Independent problem solver
Fluency in English required.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORK ENVIRONMENT
Standard office work environment. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
If you are interested in applying, please submit your resume and cover letter to this opening at (RED) Careers.