Futures and Options is seeking a talented and committed executive director to lead the organization into its next phase of impact and growth. This position offers an exciting opportunity for an individual with demonstrated organizational leadership coupled with a deep commitment to Futures and Options mission. Reporting to the
Board of Directors, the next executive director will have proven experience across key internal and external functions including experience working closely with an engaged Board of Directors, ensuring clarity of roles, effective communication, and decision-making, team leadership, fiscal and operational excellence, fundraising, and advancing equity. Internally, the executive director will aim to achieve ambitious programmatic and growth goals, motivate and retain talented staff, and maintain excellence in the content and delivery of Futures and Options high quality, high touch programming and services, ensuring that it continues to adapt and innovate to best meet the needs of our youth and partners. Externally, the executive director will be the organization’s spokesperson and thought leader in order to elevate the organization’s profile and reach. The executive director will broaden and deepen support from donors, including foundations, high-net worth individuals, NYC business leaders and key stakeholders. The executive director will develop strong relationships, generating support to advance and strengthen Futures and Options’ mission, vision, strategy, and brand.
• At least 10 years of professional experience in positions of increasing responsibility; nonprofit leadership experience strongly preferred as well as demonstration of growing an organization from one size/stage to another
• Strong organizational skills, ability to multi-task and prioritize, working under tight deadlines
• Excellent communication (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills a must
• Ability to lead across all aspects of organizational management, including financial and operational leadership, organizational development, program, and fundraising, including effective use of data, digital strategies and general tech savvy to drive decision making and build office culture
• Master’s degree in education, public administration, business, or related field.
To make recommendations or to apply for this role, please email your resume and cover letter to Jessy Berkhoff at firstname.lastname@example.org with Executive Director as the subject line. Futures and Options is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from people of color, persons with disabilities, women, LGBTQ+, and other underrepresented applicants. No phone calls. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.