The Program Director (PD) is responsible for leading Upwardly Global’s programs in his/her respective region. This position is responsible for securing Upwardly Global’s position in local and regional conversations regarding opportunities to integrate the immigrant workforce in in coalitions, roundtables and through partnerships. The PD will develop and maintain strong relationships with city, state and country authorities and with other refugee, asylee and immigrant serving partners. The PD will navigate relationships internally with all stakeholders across the organization to ensure shared knowledge, best practice and program integration. We will look to the PD to develop and execute on a regional strategy in alignment with strategic plan and in partnership with the VP of Programs.
The PD will be responsible of initiating new and innovative programming for immigrants and refugees to create a culture of learning, internally and externally, as well as opportunity- building for program participants. This person will ensure a working environment that fosters excellence, transparency and mutual respect, leveraging technical expertise, the highest professional standards, and problem solving skills.
The PD will provide strategic leadership, manage a high performing team and will provide on-going evaluation of programs and services. S/he will also perform specific functional roles for Upwardly Global in areas of interest and strength, i.e. Gender Programming, Knowledge Management etc.
• Operational oversight of assigned region (budget, expenses, performance, etc.)
• Support local efforts secure and retain employer partnerships
• Attend local and regional external facing meetings, including but not limited to, donor meetings, employer networking, education and workforce and government meetings
• Establish UpGlo as a convener, thought leader and partner with local and regional stakeholders and promote collaborative relationships
• Serve as functional lead in areas of organizational priority
• Work closely with VP of Programs and leadership team to develop program objectives
• Manage / coordinate timely and high-quality proposal, program narratives and financial reports with development colleagues
• In collaboration with program leadership and VP of Programs, define, develop, and land process improvement initiatives, creating and implementing best practices to address key operational challenges, problem solve and course correct as needed.
• Partner across functions to understand shortcomings, develop strategies to mitigate, and land efforts to solve.
• Where appropriate, propose software solutions to optimize process improvements
• Build a trusting work environment that supports results based outcomes while creating space for innovative strategies that help to scale reach and provide solutions for large program impact.
• Ensure that all staff have the necessary training, tools, resources, and information to deliver and evaluate services that meet or exceed internationally accepted standards and protocols
• Ensure a positive and dynamic work environment for jobseekers, staff and volunteers
• Provide ongoing learning opportunities and training in areas of core competency and priority for all staff
• Work collaboratively with HQ HR on all personnel-related issues
• Lead efforts regionally and nationally to develop demonstration projects and innovative programming for the local office and lead in execution of these initiatives
• Liaise with development team and grants management on funding opportunities, proposal development, grant writing, reporting and compliance
• Cultivate excellent relationships with external stakeholders and represent UpGlo in relationships with donors
• Facilitate partnerships with other organizations for joint programming and advocacy