Come join the Lower East Side Girls Club of New York! Founded in 1996, The Lower East Side Girls Club is a community based organization dedicated to preparing today’s girls for tomorrow’s world. We impact the lives of thousands of girls in middle and high school and are training the next generation of ethical, entrepreneurial, and environmental leaders. Our members overcome adversity, perceive opportunity, develop self-confidence, make ethical decisions and healthy life choices, thrive academically, embrace leadership, and have the ability to enter college or the workforce as fully prepared and connected adults.
We are seeking an accountant who will work very closely with the Chief Financial Officer. The ideal candidate will be detail-oriented, have strong organizational skills, and is a team player.
• Liaise with the CFO on managing all financial records and files; maintain updated recordkeeping
• Manage Accounts Payable function: track all vendor accounts, review invoices, obtain approvals, prepare check payments to be issued, and 1099 tax documents as needed
• Communicate with vendors to handle any billing inquiries or discrepancies
• Manage and record all credit card transactions and receipts
• Handle requests for petty cash disbursement and assist with general financial inquiries as necessary
• Review all donor payment processing amounts (stripe, benevity, square, crowdrise, etc.)
• Document all expense and income allocations for the department, growth, and operations
• Collaborate with the HR Department on compliance of employee and contractor State/Federal policies
• Prepare monthly bank reconciliations for all credit cards, petty cash, and bank accounts
• Organize and track donor invoices for monthly reporting and maintain all electronic and physical accounting files and records
• Document all check and ACH deposits
• Record bi-weekly payroll transactions and monthly employee benefit costs
• Review and track employee payroll allocations in accordance with the general operating and grant budgets
• Ensure all benefits are properly deducted on each bi-weekly payroll
• Assist CFO with preparation of annual external audits for grants and for the organization
• Compile requested reports and documentation for auditors’ review, work to prepare for audit
• Track lease renewal dates, annual rental increase, and security amounts
• Thorough knowledge of basic accounting procedures and principles
• 2-5 years of experience working in the nonprofit industry, preferred
• Experience working in accounting software; Extensive knowledge and experience in Microsoft Office Suite
• Excellent accounting software user and administration skills
• Accuracy and attention to detail, maintains discretion with confidential financial information
• Aptitude for numbers and quantitative skills
• Bachelor's Degree in appropriate field of study or equivalent work experience
The salary for this position is $50-$60k, commensurate with experience. The LESGC’s benefit package includes medical, dental, vision insurance, a flexible spending account, and a pre-tax transit benefit. To apply, please send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
LESGC is an equal opportunity employer. Equal employment opportunity has been, and will continue to be, a fundamental principle at LESGC, where employment is based upon personal capabilities and qualifications without discrimination because of race, color, sex (including pregnancy status), gender, creed, religion, sexual orientation, genetic characteristics, national origin, age, ancestry, alienage, citizenship, marital status, partnership status, being a party to a civil union, handicap or disabilities or perception of disabilities, military status (or unfavorable discharge from military service), political activity, status as a victim of a sex offense, stalking, or domestic violence or other protected class status. Discrimination in violation of this policy is prohibited. LESGC does not discriminate in the hiring and firing of staff, selection of volunteers and vendors or the provision of services. We are committed to providing an inclusive and welcoming environment for all members of our staff, clients, volunteers, subcontractors, vendors and clients.
This policy of equal employment opportunity applies to all policies and procedures relating to recruitment and hiring, compensation, benefits, termination and all other terms and conditions of employment. We will not discriminate and will take affirmative action measures to ensure against discrimination in employment, recruitment, advertisements for employment, compensation, termination, upgrading, promotions, and other conditions of employment against any employee or job applicant.